Sharing 5 high-protein meal prep recipes! Some new inspiration if you happen to’re seeking to amp up your protein consumption.
Hello mates! How are ya? I hope you’re having a stunning morning.
Right this moment, I need to discuss protein and the significance of wholesome meal prep. Personally, I goal to eat 4-5 palm-sized servings of protein every day, contemplating components similar to my targets, exercise stage, and physique composition. Nonetheless, I’ve discovered that hitting this protein purpose may be difficult if I haven’t accomplished some advance planning and prepping. I’ve realized that having protein available within the fridge makes a major distinction. To make it simpler to succeed in my every day protein goal, I now dedicate time every week to cut veggies and put together some protein staples. This manner, I’m higher ready to satisfy my protein wants and construct muscle. Along with protein, it’s necessary to deal with consuming omega-3 fatty acids, that are useful for total well being.
For right now’s put up, I’m sharing some tremendous simple recipes with nice sources of protein if you happen to’re on the lookout for new inspiration! These are meat-based, however listed below are some plant-based protein concepts for my veggie and vegan mates: tempeh bacon, edamame, black beans, mung bean pasta, sprouted tofu scramble, and lentils within the on the spot pot.
I had to make use of a inventory picture as a result of I’ve a tough time making meat look appetizing… and I believe the asparagus is faux?? Taking votes)
5 Excessive Protein Meal Prep Recipes
Complete Hen in a Crockpot
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook dinner Time: 4-6 hours/ 8 hours
- 1- 3.5-4.5lb entire hen, giblets eliminated, patted dry
- 1 candy onion, chopped
- Salt, to style
- Pepper, to style
Place onion within the backside of a 6 qt crock pot. Add the hen, breast facet down. No liquid is required because the hen will make its personal juices with the onion and grease from the fats from the hen pores and skin. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Cook dinner on low for 8 hours or excessive for 4-6 hours till the interior temperature is 165 on the thickest a part of the hen. Cool fully, take away pores and skin & bones, and shred the hen or minimize entire items of thighs, breasts, and wings to retailer for meals all through the week.
- BAS: large a$$ salad with all of the veggies and avocado plus shredded hen and Primal Kitchen Ranch dressing (I ordered mine from Thrive Market)
- Hen with air fryer broccoli & whipped potatoes
- Hen enchiladas
- Burrito bowls with hen black beans, rice, cilantro, bitter cream, and so forth.
- Hen salad
Sheet Pan Creamy Dill Salmon
- Prep time: quarter-hour
- Cook dinner time: 20 minutes
- 1- 1.5 lbs entire salmon filet
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil mayo
- 1 Tsp recent dill
- 1 Tsp grainy mustard
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 4 lemon slices
Preheat the oven to 400 levels. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place salmon pores and skin facet down. Mix the mayo and grainy mustard in a small bowl. Unfold evenly excessive of the salmon. Sprinkle with recent dill, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Bake for 20 minutes or till the interior temperature reaches 140 levels.
- Add your favourite greens
- Pair with a candy potato or whipped potatoes
- Place over zoodles
- Serve with protein rice* or rice pasta
- Lower into small items and put within a siete almond flour tortilla with greens and tomatoes
- Make it a sheet pan meal by surrounding it with asparagus and chopped zucchini.
- Add protein rice* if a starch is desired
- *Protein Rice: 1 cup jasmine rice 1 ½ c. hen bone broth. Deliver rice and hen broth to a boil. Scale back warmth to low, cowl and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Take away from warmth, maintain coated, and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Juicy Brined Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook dinner time: 60-90 minutes
- 3.5-5 lb Bone-in Turkey Breast
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- ½ cup coarse salt, like Redmonds Actual salt
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 cups hen bone broth
- 2 tbsp ghee or olive oil
In a 2-gallon Ziploc bag, mix all substances aside from bone broth & ghee/olive oil. Add simply sufficient clear, filtered water to cowl the turkey breast. Shut the Ziploc bag and place it within the fridge in a single day or for no less than 8 hours.
Take away the turkey breast from the brine and pat dry with paper towels. Place within the backside of a heavy Dutch oven and add 2 cups of hen bone broth.
Rub the turkey breast down with ghee or olive oil. Season with extra salt & pepper as desired.
Bake at 375 levels for 60-90 minutes uncovered or till the interior temperature is 165 levels when a thermometer is inserted within the thickest a part of the breast. Let relaxation for no less than 10 minutes earlier than slicing and serving. Retailer within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Nice for fast lunchtime meals!
- Serve with broccoli & whipped potatoes
- Serve with baked candy potato and inexperienced beans
- Flip into “turkey salad”
- Serve in lettuce cups with peanut sauce
- Serve with protein rice & asparagus
- Prep time: 20-Half-hour
- Cook dinner time: 8 minutes
- 1 lb grass-fed floor beef sirloin or floor bison
- 4 items of uncooked, thick-cut bacon, chopped into items
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
Mix all substances in a bowl till simply mixed. Don’t overmix the meat or it should result in powerful burgers. Type into 4 equal patties. Grill or pan-fry till medium. Take away from warmth and serve instantly or retailer within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Excellent for a burger in a bowl for a fast, weeknight meal (served with chopped lettuce, tomato, pink onion, dill pickles, cheese if desired, and ketchup and mustard on high)
- Breakfast burger with an egg on high and sauteed asparagus (such a fast and simple high-protein breakfast thought)
- Crumble over a baked potato and high with bitter cream and chives
- Nice with grilled romaine, Caesar dressing, and sliced avocados
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook dinner time: quarter-hour
- 1 lb floor turkey
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1 splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder, salt, and pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for straightforward clean-up.
In a big bowl, mix all the substances – I like to make use of beneficiant quantities of garlic powder, salt, and pepper – utilizing your palms till well-mixed.
Use a melon ball scooper and your palms to type 12-15 balls and place them onto the baking sheet.
Bake for about quarter-hour, till browned and inner temperature reaches 165 levels. Let cool fully and retailer in a sealed container within the fridge for as much as 5 days, or within the freezer in a Ziplock bag (<— that is my methodology).
- Turkey sub with turkey meatballs, Rao’s marinara, and basil in your favourite wrap or on toast
- Thai curry meatballs! Saute some veggies on the stovetop (like bell pepper, onion, zucchini, and garlic), after which stir in 1 tablespoon of pink curry paste and a can of coconut milk. Add the meatballs, warmth by, and serve on zoodles, or your favourite rice.
- Break up into crumbles and add to an egg scramble
- Break up into crumbles and make tacos with 2 of your favourite tortillas, cabbage slaw, salsa, and avocado
So inform me mates: What are your favourite high-protein meal-prep concepts? Turkey meatballs and eggs within the on the spot pot are staples round right here.
Additionally value mentioning once more is that I’ve been shopping for all of our meat and fish from Butcher Field currently and am blown away. away. They’ve so many natural and wild choices, they’re a B Corp, and the whole lot has been tremendous recent and scrumptious. You should use my referral hyperlink for floor beef for all times and $30 off.
Hope you could have an exquisite day and I’ll see ya quickly!